Our exciting 48th Anniversary Season, Making Light, will include:
By Robert Harling
September 5 – October 6, 2013
A classic comedy-drama play that later became a popular film about the bond among a group of Southern women. The action centers on Truvy’s beauty parlour and the women who regularly gather there.
THE NISEI WIDOWS CLUB: HOW TOMI GOT HER GROOVE BACK
By Betty Tokudani
November 7 – December 8, 2013
The third installment of a comic trilogy following the lives of a group of widowed Nisei women who only have each other in the face of loss and the search for love in their golden years. Tomi loses her only son to a heart attack at the early age of 45 and the other widows gather around her during this time of grief. Hilarity ensues when they embark on an unforgettable trip to Hawaii unleashing the cougar in all of them at a hula retreat.
A NICE INDIAN BOY
By Madhuri Shekar
February 20 – March 23, 2014
The second place winner of EWP’s “Face of the Future Playwrighting Competition.” The Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage has been decided and this play is timely in continuing the discussion. Naveen Gavaskar meets Keshav Kurundkar, and they share all things Indian – from the Hindi language to the difficulty of being gay in Hindu culture. They agree to meet in person to find that one is South Asian and the other (Keshav) is Caucasian, adopted by Hindu parents and speaks fluent Hindi.
Lyrics by Tim Dang
Music by Joel Iwataki
May 15 – June 15, 2014
A sung-through musical commemorating the events of the Tiananmen Square Uprising in Beijing, 1989. For weeks, the world’s eyes were on China as the youth fought for democracy against the hardliners of the Chinese Community Party. This will mark the 25th Anniversary of the Uprising. BEIJING SPRING is a compelling reminder that the battle for freedom and human rights has yet to be won for many.
For season subscription prices, visit http://www.eastwestplayers.org/tickets/subscription.htm.
- Save up to 30% off general admission prices for the entire season.
- Get the BEST SEATS in the house before tickets go on sale to the general public.
- FREE TICKET EXCHANGE when you need to change your performance dates (subject to availability.)
- FREE TICKET REPLACEMENT for lost and misplaced tickets.
- Receive discounts to Little Tokyo restaurants with the EWP ENCORE CARD.
- Bring guests with $10 off additional single ticket purchases.
- Save even MORE with Wednesday and Thursdsay subscriptions.